[Spacewalk-list] PRE Section doesn't work at all KVM Guest

Konstantin Raskoshnyi konrasko at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 00:03:29 UTC 2016

Stuck on this problem - I wanted to set up hostname for KVM machine on pre,

ok - I spent 3 days, but in fact ks ignore all pre sections...

also I found that Spacewalk trying to set hostname by itself, here the text
from anakonda.cfg

# Start of code to match cobbler system interfaces to physical interfaces
by their mac addresses
#  Start eth0
# Configuring eth0 (00:16:3e:53:0e:0d)
if mac_exists 00:16:3e:53:0e:0d
then
  get_ifname 00:16:3e:53:0e:0d
  echo "network --device=$IFNAME --bootproto=dhcp --hostname=virttest001"
>> /tmp/pre_install_network_config
fi

But no logs, no errors, no other stuff. Also no my pre scripts in /tmp
directory

Any thoughts?