[Spacewalk-list] PRE Section doesn't work at all KVM Guest

William H. ten Bensel WHTENBEN at up.com
Tue Apr 12 01:16:34 UTC 2016

Hopefully this example will help.   You should be able to configure your
hostname logic like the following:

We had to do the following with CentOS 7.2 and Oracle Linux 7.2, because
there is a bug with how the static --network line is being generated. (Bug
opened with support and they have confirmed).

Systems -> Kickstarts -> Profiles -> {profile} -> Kickstart Details ->
Advanced Options -> Custom Options:
        %include /tmp/network.out

Systems -> Kickstarts -> Profiles -> {profile} -> Scripts:

Name: Static_BUG
$SNIPPET('spacewalk/1/72network_bug')
Pre-Script
Check template --> Do not forget this, or it will not work.

%pre --log /tmp/ks-pre.log.1
# BEGIN: network Snippet
# Issue with CentOS 7.2, not able to handle just network --bootproto
static

# Get the static information that was passed during anaconda.
cat /proc/cmdline > /tmp/cmdline.out

server_ip=`awk -F"ip=" '{print $2}' /tmp/cmdline.out |awk '{print $1}'|awk
-F":" '{print $1}'`
server_gw=`awk -F"ip=" '{print $2}' /tmp/cmdline.out |awk '{print $1}'|awk
-F":" '{print $3}'`
server_nm=`awk -F"ip=" '{print $2}' /tmp/cmdline.out |awk '{print $1}'|awk
-F":" '{print $4}'`
server_host=`awk -F"ip=" '{print $2}' /tmp/cmdline.out |awk '{print
$1}'|awk -F":" '{print $5}'`
server_dns=`awk -F"nameserver=" '{print $2}' /tmp/cmdline.out |awk '{print
$1}'`

if [[ -n "$server_host" ]]; then
cat <<_EOF >/tmp/network.out

network --noipv6 --onboot=yes --bootproto static --ip=$server_ip
--netmask=$server_nm --gateway=$server_gw --nameserver=$server_dns
--hostname=$server_host --device=link --activate
_EOF

# Another snippet will handle hostname, /etc/hostname, /etc/hosts,
/etc/sysconfig/network, and/or
# /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-* if it is not passed here.
# That script most come prior to Registration and Activation!!
else
cat <<_EOF >/tmp/network.out

network --noipv6 --onboot=yes --bootproto static --ip=$server_ip
--netmask=$server_nm --gateway=$server_gw --nameserver=$server_dns
--device=link --activate
_EOF

fi

# END: network Snippet