[Spacewalk-list] Unable to install packages through activation key

Georg Bernold georg.bernold at gmx.at
Thu Apr 21 18:28:05 UTC 2016

I figured out what the problem was, and I am going to explain it to make
sure no one else is going to have difficulties with this issue.

It is possible to add packages to an activation key in Spacewalk. Each line
represents a package. It is important to enter only the name of the package,
not the version, architecture or file ending.

Examples:

This works:

icaclient

ctxusbd

This does not work:

icaclient_13.1.0.285639_armhf.deb

ctxusb_2.6.344519_armhf.deb

This does not work:

icaclient_13.1.0.285639_armhf

ctxusb_2.6.344519_armhf

An example would be helpful on the activation key page, maybe I am going to
make a PR about that. Also: Why isn't there a list of packages which I may
check or uncheck? Free text is dangerous in all kinds of software
components!

Packages I defined in Child Channels still do not get installed on
activation, which would be the solution I prefer!

Kind Regards,

Georg