[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk client updates

Matt Moldvan matt at moldvan.com
Tue Apr 26 16:14:27 UTC 2016

Check that taskomatic is running and if you have entries in the spacewalk
database table rhntaskqueue, the clients will not show updates until
the update_server_errata_cache tasks complete.  When waiting for tasks to
complete, I like to use watch to see the numbers decrease, or you can query
them directly with a select * from rhntaskqueue after executing
spacewalk-sql -i as root.

If there are high numbers in that table, something may not be processing
correctly and you should check the files
in /var/log/rhn/tasko/sat/errata-cache-bunch and
/var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log.  It may be a good idea to start
there, now that I think about it.

[me at myspacewalkmaster ~]$ watch "echo 'select count(*) from rhntaskqueue;'
| sudo spacewalk-sql -i"
[sudo] password for me:
[me at myspacewalkmaster ~]$ sudo spacewalk-sql -i
psql (8.4.20)
SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)
Type "help" for help.

rhnschema=# select * from rhntaskqueue ;
org_id |         task_name          | task_data  | priority |
earliest
      1 | update_server_errata_cache | 1000037738 |        0 | 2016-04-26
11:07:06.232184-05
(1 row)