[Spacewalk-list] osad/jabber - Invalid password errors

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Wed Aug 3 13:15:33 UTC 2016

I have some additional information that I think that I should share.

Because of specific issues experienced with SW, I used to completely remove jabberd database and log files.  I used to stop SW, cd to /var/lib/jabberd/db and remove the entire contents then restart SW.  But, I started experience problems with OSAD not picking up packages, and after so research, I learned that the way that I used to do things was not a good idea.

I think that it was a posting here that told me by removing at database files and the authreg.db it was causing the clients from losing connection with the SW server.  In the SW documentation, I learned that its better to delete only the logs that are not required.  These are the steps that I now use:

/usr/bin/db_checkpoint -1 -h /var/lib/jabberd/db/ ## mark logs for deletion
/usr/bin/db_archive -d -h /var/lib/jabberd/db/  ## delete logs
/usr/sbin/spacewalk-service restart  ## stop/start spacewalk

I have this setup in a crontab that runs on a daily schedule.  I set this up about two months ago.

I'm not sure when the invalid password issue started.  But it was some point after implementing these steps that the invalid password issue started.  Is there a password