[Spacewalk-list] Taskomatic stops working until a restart occurs

Sam Sen ssen at ariasystems.com
Mon Aug 15 14:52:56 UTC 2016

I tried adding a package to a channel but none of my clients were able to see it. After further investigation, here’s what I found.

Log files under "/var/log/rhn/tasko/sat/channel-repodata-bunch” stopped processing on 8/12 at 1:08AM. I restarted taskomatic but that didn’t help. I then did a “spacewalk-service restart” and it started working again.

Under /var/log/tomcat/ I found a bunch of “catalina.YYYY-MM-DD.log” with the following error messages. Since the restart those entries have disappeared. Which username/password is it complaining about? This seems to randomly happen every month.

Aug 01, 2016 12:15:02 AM redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcDispatcher writeError
WARNING: com.redhat.rhn.common.hibernate.LookupException: Could not find session with id: 72794
Aug 01, 2016 1:56:35 AM redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcDispatcher writeError
WARNING: redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Either the password or username is incorrect.
Aug 01, 2016 1:56:37 AM redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcDispatcher writeError
WARNING: redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Either the password or username is incorrect.
Aug 01, 2016 1:56:41 AM redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcDispatcher writeError
WARNING: redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Either the password or username is incorrect.
Aug 01, 2016 1:56:43 AM redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcDispatcher writeError
WARNING: redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: Either the password or username is incorrect.
~