[Spacewalk-list] Schedule kernel errata upgrade result in kernel panic

Lionel Caignec caignec at cines.fr
Tue Aug 23 08:54:25 UTC 2016

Hi,

i've a annoying bug with spacewalk. When i schedule a kernel errata update at reboot my server is going into kernel panic.

After some time i've found that initramfs was not generated during update phase. Moreover in grub.cfg the line "initrd ..." is missing.
If i boot with an old kernel and i launch "yum reinstall kernel" server will boot without problem on new kernel.

But if i schedule upgrade with gui, and then use "rhn_check -vvv" on my server there is no problem.

Someone could help me? What do i missing?

Thanks,

--
Lionel Caignec

Centre Informatique National de l' Enseignement Supérieur
950 rue de Saint Priest
34097 MONTPELLIER Cedex 5
Tel : (33) 04 67 14 14 14
Fax : (33)04 67 52 37 63