[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Proxy Auth token

Matthew Madey mattmadey at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 17:09:11 UTC 2016

I've seen this issue happen a couple times over the years.. it's rare, but
has a huge impact. All clients registered to an affected Spacewalk proxy
will throw Internal Server Errors and the apache error log on the proxy
shows the below error:

[Fri Aug 26 11:52:47 2016] [error]   File
"/usr/share/rhn/proxy/rhnProxyAuth.py", line 130, in check_cached_token
[Fri Aug 26 11:52:47 2016] [error]     oldToken = self.get_cached_token()
[Fri Aug 26 11:52:47 2016] [error]   File
"/usr/share/rhn/proxy/rhnProxyAuth.py", line 147, in get_cached_token

I've found the fix is to remove the cached tokens in
/var/cache/rhn/proxy-auth/ and restart rhn-proxy services.. I'm looking for
advice on why\how this happens, and if there is anything I can do to
prevent it from happening in the future. I have a couple hundred clients
registered to each of the Spacewalk proxies, so the impact is very large,
especially in Production. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Environment:

RHEL 6.8
Spacewalk Server v2.4