[Spacewalk-list] Packages failed to install properly

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 05:17:58 UTC 2016

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 14:45:32 +0100 (CET) Philipp Wehling
<philipp.wehling at megatel.de> wrote:

> Hello,

Hello.

> I have problems with some systems. Here is the error I get
> when scheduling automatic installation of errata:

Do you see any differences in systems where this is failing and
systems where this works?

> Failed: Packages failed to install properly: Package
> bind-utils-32:9.8.2-0.37.rc1.el6_7.6.x86_64 is not available
> for installation Package
> bind-libs-32:9.8.2-0.37.rc1.el6_7.6.x86_64 is not available
> for installation" (code 32)

Please do you have updated yum-rhn-plugin and server side? Which
versions?

> But when I do a manual rhn_check, everything works fine.

So manual run of `rhn_check` or `rhn_check -vv` installs the
package nicely, while `rhn_check` running via OSAD or RHNSD not?
Does package name-epoch:version-release.arch match exactly?

Is there something relevant in /var/log/up2date?

> The obscurity is, that on both machines, mysql is installed.

So when you uninstall these packages, it works?

Can you please run `package-cleanup --problems`?

> kind regards,
> Philipp

Thank you in advance,
Jan