[Spacewalk-list] Create KS Distribution Error

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 05:25:36 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 14:47:12 +0100 (CET) Philipp Wehling
<philipp.wehling at megatel.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to create an KS-Distribution for OracleLinux, but I get
> this error:
>
> Exception:
> javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> redstone.xmlrpc.XmlRpcFault: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>:
> [Errno 13] Permission denied:
> '/var/lib/tftpboot/aarch64/grub.cfg'
>

> Here are the permissions of this file:
>

> # ll /var/lib/tftpboot/aarch64/grub.cfg
> -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 17 Jan 15
> 11:07 /var/lib/tftpboot/aarch64/grub.cfg
>
> # ls -Z /var/lib/tftpboot/aarch64/grub.cfg
> -rw-r--r--. root root
> system_u:object_r:public_content_t:s0 /var/lib/tftpboot/aarch64/grub.cfg

I believe Apache needs read permissions to the location from
where you are importing. Can you try to put it to,
say, /var/satellite/mine_ks_trees and make sure "apache" user
can read it and SELinux is set with `restorecon
-vR /var/satellite/mine_ks_trees`? Also
`tail /var/log/audit/audit.log | grep AVC` to see any AVCs.

> I think it is related to SELinux, but I dont want to turn it
> off. Can anyone help me?

To test if it is related, just turn it off temporarily
(`setenforce 0` and once you are done with testing `setenforce
1` and verify with `getenforce`).

> kind regards,
>
> Philipp

Thank you in advance,