[Spacewalk-list] When creating additional slaves, do we need to carry over all the channels?

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 06:22:08 UTC 2016

On Fri, 5 Feb 2016 17:51:58 +0000 Troy Dieter
<tdieter at workforcesoftware.com> wrote:

> When we create a new slave for the master server, do we need
> to bring all of the channels that the master maintains as
> well? For example, we only use centOS 7 at the site where the
> slave is being created and only want to maintain that channel.

Hello.

If we are talking about Inter Satellite Sync (Admin -> ISS
Configuration), then you can only sync what you need. Check
following docs for more info:

  https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Satellite/5.7/html/Installation_Guide/chap-Synchronization_between_Multiple_Satellites.html

Regards,
Jan