[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.4 Migration from Oracle to Postgresql

Murdoch, Steven Steven.Murdoch at cdk.com
Fri Feb 12 16:18:35 UTC 2016

Can you Help?
I am using Spacewalk 2.4 with an Oracle DB.
I need to migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL.

I have been following this link to migrate from Oracle to PostgreSQL:
https://fedorahosted.org/spacewalk/wiki/DatabaseMigrations

Got as far as trying to load my dump file into my new database, but I get this error:
Running this command:

# spacewalk-sql -i < migrate-to-postgresql.sql
UPDATE 685
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ALTER TABLE
ERROR:  relation "rhn_command_queue_sessions" does not exist
#

Before the above error - I ran this, and this worked ok.
# spacewalk-setup-postgresql create --db postgresql  --user postgresql --password xxxxxxxx
#

I then ran this and this worked!
# spacewalk-setup --db-only --external-postgresql
** Database: Setting up database connection for PostgreSQL backend.
Hostname (leave empty for local)?
Database? postgresql
Username? postgresql
Password?
** Database: Populating database.
The Database has schema.  Would you like to clear the database [Y]? y
** Database: Clearing database.
** Database: Shutting down spacewalk services that may be using DB.
** Database: Services stopped.  Clearing DB.
** Database: Re-populating database.
* Configuring tomcat.
#

What do I have to do to get this:
# spacewalk-sql -i < migrate-to-postgresql.sql
...to work without the ERROR:  relation "rhn_command_queue_sessions" does not exist ?

Thanks a lot.
Steve..

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, notify the sender immediately by return email and delete the message and any attachments from your system.