[Spacewalk-list] rhn_check fails

Emmett Hogan ehogan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 06:45:29 UTC 2016

Forgive me if this is a silly question, but I finally got a bare metal
system to build from my Spacewalk server and wanted to push some extra
packages to it.  The request queued up like it should, then eventually
failed with a python error.  In doing some digging, it was trying to
resolve mirrorlist.centos.org.  I don't understand why it would be trying
to go back to centos for the packages....I thought that it would go to my
Spacewalk server for all it's updates.

I even tried running:

# rhn_check
Could not retrieve mirrorlist
http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=7&arch=x86_64&repo=os&infra=stock
error was
14: curl#6 - "Could not resolve host: mirrorlist.centos.org; Unknown error"

I checked /etc/sysconfig/rhn/up2date and it references my spacewalk host:

serverURL=https://192.168.67.5/XMLRPC

I know I've apparently screwed up something, somewhere, but I cannot seem
to find the answer anywhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Emmett