[Spacewalk-list] Issue with spacewalk reporting packages still needing to be updated.

Cameron Harris cameron.harris at beatport.com
Wed Jan 13 23:29:29 UTC 2016

My spacewalk server is running spacewalk 1.9 and is running on SL6.  I have
several hosts that a sysadmin may of updated manually with yum against the
upstream repo  (official SL6 updates repo), installing the packages that
already exist in our sl6-x86_64-updates channel. If you look at our
spacewalk web UI for any of the hosts in question, it shows all the same
packages needing to be updated. I've even tried using yumdownloader to
download one of the listed packages from our updates channel and installing
it with `rpm --replacepkgs` and spacewalk still shows that that package
needs to be updated (to the already installed version). Also on any of the
hosts in question if you try to schedule a package update it will fail with
'Error while executing packages action: empty transaction [[6]]'.

So far I tried:
- Removing the sl6 yum repo files
- unregistering a host and re-registering
- replacing an installed rpm with one directly from the channel in question
- running 'yum clean  all && yum makecache && rhn-profile-sync'

Thanks,
-Cameron

--
*Cameron Harris* *|* *Infrastructure Engineer*
*Beatport* An SFX Entertainment Company