[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.4 reposync not running after upgrade

Kalchik, Jeffery JDKalchik at landolakes.com
Fri Jan 15 18:09:39 UTC 2016

I'm in the process of finishing a 2.4 upgrade/migration.

When I configured all of my release channels with the same reposync schedule, I did receive a series of taskomatic reposync error messages nightly with subtask repo-sync failed.  I broke the reposyncs up by family, i.e. all CentOS6 at 6:00 PM, CentOS7 at 7:00 PM, etc.  All of the reposyncs are now completing, without the error & warning messages.  There's roughly 10 per group that are configured to sync at exactly the same time, they appear to run serially, & all complete.  In total, 52 channels in 5 groups run reposync nightly.   Each group takes somewhere between 10 & 30 minutes to complete.  Server is a virtual machine with 2 vCPUs and 12 gb of RAM (mostly unused.)

Jeff Kalchik
Systems Engineering
Land O'Lakes