[Spacewalk-list] WARNING: channel.software.listErrata returned an error: Fault returned from XML RPC Server, fault code -210: No such channel

Jan Hutař jhutar at redhat.com
Mon Jan 25 05:51:32 UTC 2016

Hello.

It would be best if you could prepare minimal reproducer. Could
you hunt it down into single listErrata call? In python what
would be:

>>> import xmlrpclib
>>> import ssl
>>> RHN_USER='admin'
>>> RHN_PASS='nimda'
>>> RHN_URL='https://your.satellite.fqdn/rpc/api'
>>> client = xmlrpclib.Server(RHN_URL, verbose=0, context=ssl._create_unverified_context())
>>> key = client.auth.login(RHN_USER, RHN_PASS)
>>> client.channel.software.listErrata(key, 'rhel-x86_64-server-7')

Regards,
Jan

On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 16:00:26 +0000 Ruben Tapia
<Ruben.Tapia at aerlingus.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Apologies beforehand if this has been resolved before, however
> I couldn't find any topic on the list or google..
>
> I'm trying to replicate erratas for RHEL7, using same script
> we use and works correctly for RHEL6, however changing channel
> name for the same name with 7 just fails with error show below:
>

> /sbin/ya-errata-import.pl --server $SPACEWALK --channel
> rhel_7_64 --os-version 7 --redhat-channel rhel-x86_64-server-7
> --publish --redhat WARNING: channel.software.listErrata
> returned an error: Fault returned from XML RPC Server, fault
> code -210: No such channel
>
> # yum repolist
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos,
> subscription-manager repo
> id
> repo
> name
> status
> epel/x86_64
> Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 7 -
> x86_64                                        9,223
> rhel-7-server-rpms/7Server/x86_64                        Red
> Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Server
> (RPMs)                                             10,118
> repolist: 19,341
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks!
>
> ..For low fares and great deals on hotels, car hire and travel
> insurance visit http://www.aerlingus.com
> and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to
> whom they are addressed.  Any review, dissemination or other
> use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this
> information by persons or entities other than the intended
> recipient is prohibited.If you have received this email in
> error please notify the sender immediately and delete the
> material.
> Aer Lingus Limited Registered in Ireland
> Company Number 9215
> Registered Office at Dublin Airport, Dublin,Ireland.

Jan Hutar     Systems Management QA
jhutar at redhat.com     Red Hat, Inc.