[Spacewalk-list] CentOS 7 yum transaction aborted status incorrectly reported by Spacewalk 2.4

Coffman, Anthony J Tony.Coffman at snapon.com
Mon Jul 18 14:30:50 UTC 2016

I patched around 20 CentOS 7 systems yesterday.

Spacewalk reported all of the scheduled actions completed.

5 of them experienced a yum aborted condition resulting in duplicate packages and a little mess to cleanup.  For those 5 systems, Spacewalk recorded the transaction as "Completed" (green) but in the action details recorded "Requested packages already installed (code 0)".  So I think there may be a condition when yum aborts that isn't correctly trapped and reported by Spacewalk 2.4

yum history shows the transaction aborted but I don't yet know why.  I've been all over the systems logs but I haven't found the reason for the transaction aborted yet.

I haven't found a common denominator between these 5 as all 20 systems are very similar setups.

Has anybody else seen something similar on 7.x?

Regards,
--Tony