[Spacewalk-list] Config file removal

Mark Farmer farmorg at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 13:27:03 UTC 2016

Hi

Apologies if I wasn't clear but I think you misunderstood.
I am having a problem in that the file I deleted from the configuration
channel is NOT deleted from the client machine but the client remains
subscribed to the channel.
I'm not sure if this is the expected behaviour but it is not what I want.
If I remove a file from the channel I want it to be removed from the client
machine.

TIA
Mark.

On 29 July 2016 at 13:39, Waldirio Manhães Pinheiro <waldirio at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Mark
>
> Yes, if you do any change in the conf channel, this one will reflect to
> all subscribed machines, btw if you remove the client from the conf
> channel, that machine will not receive anymore the new configuration and
> the actual configuration in the client will not be removed or changed.
>
> Hope this help.
>
> ______________
> Atenciosamente
> Waldirio
> msn: waldirio at gmail.com
> Skype: waldirio
> Site: www.waldirio.com.br
> Blog: blog.waldirio.com.br
> LinkedIn: http://br.linkedin.com/pub/waldirio-pinheiro/22/b21/646
> PGP: www.waldirio.com.br/public.html
>
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 9:29 AM, Mark Farmer <farmorg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am in the process of implementing a Spacewalk system & have started to
>> configure/test configuration management. When I removed a config file from
>> the channel that the client is subscribed to the file was not removed from
>> the client. Is this expected behaviour? And how can I change/fix this? If I
>> remove a file from the channel I'd expect/want it to be removed from the
>> client.
>>
>> I tried manually running rhn_check.
>>
>> TIA
>> farmorg