[Spacewalk-list] Anyone using distribution mapping for custom channels?

Judd judd.obannon at rackspace.com
Fri Jul 29 14:04:21 UTC 2016

That's it exactly.

Currently all I see people doing is mapping x. to the release (6.x ->
6Server, 6). For example I've got a machine with release of:

centos-release-6-7.el6.centos.12.3.x86_64

and I'd like to register that device to my centos6.7-x86_64 custom
channel when the activation key is set to 'spacewalk default'. I'm not
sure how the distribution channel mapping cuts up the release rpm name,
so I'm not sure how, or if, I can map that release rpm to a specific
channel. Of course I have several (6.5, 6.6, 6.7, etc...)

Hopefully that clarifies the issue.