[Spacewalk-list] Failed schema upgrade to 2.5

Florian Panzer - ratiokontakt GmbH fp at ratiokontakt.de
Thu Jun 16 12:26:04 UTC 2016

Hi Steve,

Am 16.06.2016 um 12:04 schrieb Steve Kent:
> I resolved the issue a few days ago by modifying
> /usr/share/spacewalk/setup/defaults.d/embedded-postgresql.conf and
> change from rhn to spacewalk.
>
> I was then able to run the spacewalk-setup upgrade option.
>
> Is there a database entry somewhere or a config file somewhere that
> should be telling it to use postgresql as the database? Could that be
> the reason it’s not populating rhn.conf correctly?

I ran the 2.4 -> 2.5 Upgrade yesterday using postgres, and all i had to
do was

----------------
[root at spacewalk ~]# spacewalk-setup-postgresql
-> localhost
-> spacewalkschema
-> spacewalkuser
-> spacewalkpass
----------------

Basically: Write down your credentials, and just reconfigure the
Database Connection after you ran the Upgrade.

That's also what the upgrade article says, look for "using an external
database". External also seems to include "postgres server on localhost" ;)

--
Für weitergehende Fragen stehen wir Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung.

Mit partnerschaftlichen Grüßen

Florian Panzer
Teamleiter Technik

ratiokontakt GmbH
Biegenhofstr. 13
96103 Hallstadt
Telefon: +49 (0) 951 9 35 35 - 0
Telefax: +49 (0) 951 9 35 35 - 902
Internet: www.ratiokontakt.de
Geschäftsführer: Jasper Peters, Stefan Seucan
Amtsgericht Bamberg - HRB 3757