[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk kickstart failed to resolved hostname

Paul Robert Marino prmarino1 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 18:58:25 UTC 2016

Thats not an FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name).
If it is a hostname within the search domain list in /etc/resolve.conf on
the other host you tested from then yes it would work on the host, but not
in the installer.
The installer does not support using search domains to lookup hosts, it
must be a FQDN.
if you don't have a DNS available or for some reason don't want to use the
one provided you by whoever manages your DNS then you can rename your
spacewalk server to its ip address I've done this on physically isolated
lab lans with no external network access before (No internet so why do you
need a DNS?).