[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk 2.4 and Ubuntu 16.04 client apt-get update fails

m k mkanaga at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 04:43:21 UTC 2016

Greetings!

We are trying to use Spacewalk 2.4 to manage Ubuntu 16.04 repository &
update the respective ubuntu clients.

Using the the following blog, we were able to sync the Ubuntu Repository to
the spacewalk server, Register the Ubuntu
clients. But, when we try to run the apt-get update on the ubuntu client,
we get the following error:

http://www.devops-blog.net/spacewalk/gpg-signing-apt-repository-in-spacewalk#comment-28

root at ubuntu:~# apt-get update
Apt-Spacewalk: Updating sources.list
Ign:1 spacewalk://X.X.X.X xenial-main InRelease
Get:2 spacewalk://X.X.X.X xenial-main Release [934 B]
Reading package lists... Error!
E: Problem parsing dependency Breaks
E: Error occurred while processing kmod (NewVersion2)
E: Problem with MergeList
/var/lib/apt/lists/X.X.X.X_dists_xenial-main_repodata_binary-amd64_Packages
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened

Any pointers or help to resolve this would be very much appreciated.

Regards,
Murali