[Spacewalk-list] How to verify yum repo paths

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 14:47:00 UTC 2016

Hi SW list

I tried posting to this list last week but no-one responded so I thought
I'd try again but distil my main questions and this message down to its
most basic form which I hope will increase my chance of getting a response.

First, can anyone confirm or deny it is possible to deploy Centos 7 with
Spacewalk 2.3? Everything seems to say it should be possible but I'd like
to know there's not any showstopping bugs that could prevent my success
that might necessitate we upgrade SW if we want to deploy C7. Our SW server
has been happily deploying Centos 6 for years so it is clearly working, at
least for C6.

Secondly, I believe my failure to deploy C7 with SW 2.3 is down to
misconfigured yum repos going off the errors I see in packaging.log. How do
I verify my yum repos are correctly configured ie how do I verify the repo
paths that SW has placed it my test C7 KS file? The paths SW has created
don't seem to match up with any dir structure on our SW server and I don't
know what dirs SW/cobbler share and how they are referenced etc.

Thanks