[Spacewalk-list] Spacewalk Master/Slave

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Tue Mar 8 23:58:48 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On 9 Mar 2016, at 10:38 AM, Sam Sen <ssen at ariasystems.com> wrote:
>
> Not sure if this would be feasible. We have three datacenters and would like to consolidate our Spacewalk installations into one main server. To save on bandwidth, would it be possible to have the clients in each DC pull packages from its local Spacewalk install? While we still want one master server, is it possible to have slaves in each DC that serves up packages to the local clients?

Yes. What you want are Spacewalk Proxies:

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Satellite/5.7/html/Proxy_Installation_Guide/chap-Introduction_to_Red_Hat_SatelliteProxy.html

The documentation talks about Satellite (obviously), but it's the same thing.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496