[Spacewalk-list] Automatic auto updates

William H. ten Bensel WHTENBEN at up.com
Thu Mar 10 15:50:17 UTC 2016

Python would be the best way, but if you are interested in bash/spacecmd
examples.  Just some quick examples.

for server in `spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q group_listsystems
group`; do
        for errata in `spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q
system_listerrata $server |egrep -vi "^security|^-|^bug|^enhancement"
|grep [a-zA-Z0-9] |awk '{print $1}'`; do
                spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q
system_applyerrata $server $errata
        done
done

To save several spacecmd, %sessions, and schedules on the above, could
also do.
        server_errata=`spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q
system_listerrata $server |egrep -vi "^security|^-|^bug|^enhancement"
|grep [a-zA-Z0-9] |awk '{print $1}' |paste -s -d" "`
        spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q system_applyerrata
$server $server_errata

yum update -y, with error checking and any additional scripting needed.
        server_list=`spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q
group_listsystems group |paste -s -d" "`
        spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q -- system_runscript
$server_list -u root -g root -t7200 -f  /pathtofile.sh  (yum with error
checking and returns)

reboot (if servers are not running osad, then the -s schedule needs to be
> 4 hours then when the reboot command is sent)
        Caution: ensure that virtuals are removed, that exist on hypers
that are going to be rebooted.

        server_list=`spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q
group_listsystems group |paste -s -d" "`
        spacecmd -s xxxxxx -u yyyyy -p zzzzzz -q -- system_runscript
$server_list -u root -g root -t7200 -s YYYYMMDD[HHMM]-f  /reboot2am.sh

        reboot.sh  --->

                #/bin/bash
                nohup shutdown -r HH:MM > /dev/null 2>&1 &
                exit 0
shutdown -c can be ran on the servers before HH:MM just in case a mistake
was made!

- Thanks and good luck

From:   Alexander Dacre <alex.dacre at aridhia.com>
To:     Евгений <evgen787 at mail.ru>, "spacewalk-list at redhat.com"
<spacewalk-list at redhat.com>
Date:   03/10/2016 05:01 AM
Subject:        Re: [Spacewalk-list] Automatic auto updates
Sent by:        spacewalk-list-bounces at redhat.com

This email originated from outside of the company. Please use discretion
if opening attachments or clicking on links.
I can?t share the code we?ve written ? company won?t let me ? but the
applications utilise the XML RPC API:
http://www.spacewalkproject.org/documentation/api/2.4/.

A quick pseudocode example would be to:

CALL systemgroup.listSystems(?group name?)
FOR EACH SYSTEM:
  CALL system.getUnscheduledErrata
    FOR EACH ERRATUM:
      System.scheduleApplyErrata