[Spacewalk-list] Cobbler, Kickstart and Spacewalk

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 02:16:38 UTC 2016

Hola,

Trying to unpick a hairy problem I'm doing a lot of reading.

Running Spacewalk 2.4.x on Centos 7.2, I note that according to yum, I have
cobbler 2.0.x installed.

[root at emts-res-utils1 pxe]# yum list installed | grep cobbler
cobbler-loaders.noarch              1.0.3-1.el7
@spacewalk
cobbler2.noarch                     2.0.11-52.el7
@spacewalk
cobbler20.noarch                    2.0.11-52.el7              @spacewalk

According to the cobbler website 2.6.x is the latest, and 2.2 is EOL.

My main issue is the documentation - how accurate is the current
documentation wrt the older cobbler?

cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper