[Spacewalk-list] Saving the "Sync only latest packages" option in channel sync page

Matt Moldvan matt at moldvan.com
Fri Mar 11 16:10:27 UTC 2016

Jiri,

Thanks for the reply.  From a UI perspective it's confusing that a checkbox
for an option like this isn't saved.  My intention was to keep the same
schedule, but force the scheduled sync to use the --latest option because I
didn't set the option during creation of the channel.  Thus, if the setting
were saved properly and applied to an existing scheduled sync, it would
make the most sense to show the box as checked in the page.

It does appear to be saved now (--latest appeared on the sync logs), which
tells me it saved a boolean 1 or something in a database column titlted
"get latest?" (I'm simplifying here because I don't know the actual
table/column name).  So, in the UI it would make sense to have the button
checked if that value were saved.

Might be nitpicking but it would be less confusing if there was a visual
clue and users didn't have to look through the sync logs to see if --latest
was there.