[Spacewalk-list] kickstart, cobbler and hostnames

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 22:52:35 UTC 2016

Two days before I joined!

Ok, I've ended up using this system, although instead of using random, I've
got this little one liner:

ID=$(cut -d':' -f6 /sys/class/net/enp6s0/address)
echo "network --hostname=slurm-$ID.mydomain.com" > /tmp/pre-hostname

Works a treat

Cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper