[Spacewalk-list] Kickstart and Config management

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 05:07:03 UTC 2016

Ok, thanks all. I still can't get this to work. Worse, I can't even see any
logs??

Centos 7.2, Spacewalk 2.4

1. I created a Configuration Channel
2. I added two files to the Configuration Channel, all details are correct
3. Went into Systems -> Activation Keys, created a new key with
provisioning and config file deployment
4. I Subscribed to the correct Configuration Channel
5. I deployed, with no effect.
6. I went into the Configuration Channel, clicked "deploy config files",
selected the files, selected the machines, clicked "deploy and confirm".

Nothing.

I can deploy *afterwards*, but I was under the impression I could push the
configurations during installation?

Cheers
L.

------
The most dangerous phrase in the language is, "We've always done it this
way."

- Grace Hopper