[Spacewalk-list] spacewalk syncs sometimes don't work

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Mon Mar 28 20:05:50 UTC 2016

Hi,

> On 29 Mar 2016, at 5:54 AM, Elizabeth Jones <oogiejonz at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> If I list the channels, I have packages in rhel child, epel child 1, and uek child.  But If i list at the uek channel it says that I have no rpms under my epel child, so do I need to sync this?  This is failing.

You can associated the same repo with multiple channels, but you still need to sync each channel. The sync for the each channel would still check for new packages (though obviously it probably wouldn't find any new packages for the second and subsequent syncs) in the repo and then associated all the packages with the channel itself.

I use the following cron script to sync every channel:

for channel in $(spacecmd -q softwarechannel_list); do
	spacewalk-repo-sync -q -n -c $channel
done

Note that I use the "-n" parameter new to Spacewalk 2.4 to only download the latest packages. This is because I run the script every hour, so I'm pretty confident I'll get every version anyway. You may want to review the parameters to spacewalk-repo-sync to only use the ones you want.

Also, I have a /root/.spacecmd/config file (chmod 400) that contains my Spacewalk admin username/password so that the spacecmd command runs without prompting for credentials.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496