[Spacewalk-list] Using signed certs with a proxy server

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Mon May 2 12:52:18 UTC 2016

I am working on standing up a proxy server.  I am using signed certs from a certificate authority on the primary SW server and that now seems to be sticking point with the proxy.

During the proxy setup process, I am prompted to copy the RHN-ORG-PRIVATE-SSL-KEY, RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT and rhn-ca-openssl.cnf from the SW server to the proxy. However, I did not have a rhn-ca-openssl.cnf file so I had to create it using the rhn-ssl-tool command.  I am under the impression that this  creates a self signed cert to be used during the client registration process.  However, when I look in /var/www/html/pub/ I see the same cert that is on my primary SW server.

I tried to register a client to the proxy but it failed. After reviewing the up2date log, I see the following error:

<snip>

.

.

<class 'up2date_client.up2dateErrors.SSLCertificateVerifyFailedError'>:

</snip>

I'm guessing this is because of the signed cert.    Any suggestions on what to do and how to proceed?

Thank you.

Daryl