[Spacewalk-list] rhn_register leads to error

Zeal Vora zeal at freecharge.com
Mon May 9 13:22:43 UTC 2016

Hi

We are using Amazon Linux on our servers and planning to run SpaceWalk
client on it.

The packages installs properly, however whenever we run : rhn_register  ,
it gives following error :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/rhn_register", line 22, in <module>
    from up2date_client import up2dateLog
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/up2dateLog.py", line 4, in <module>
    import config
  File "/usr/share/rhn/up2date_client/config.py", line 16, in <module>
    from rhn.connections import idn_ascii_to_puny, idn_puny_to_unicode
ImportError: No module named rhn.connections

Current Python version :  2.7.10
rhn_lib version :                rhnlib-2.5.77

Any idea on how to go about that ? Can't seem to find proper solution for
this :(

Thanks,
Zeal