[Spacewalk-list] Server fails to check in

Daryl Rose darylrose at outlook.com
Wed May 11 12:44:43 UTC 2016

I just got the proxy stood up, and I registered a single server.  It registered just fine, but after a couple of days, I get an error saying that it fails to check in.  I tried to stop/start osad and received this error:

# service osad restart

Shutting down osad:                                                                                      done

Starting osad:                                                                                                  done

# Not able to reconnect

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 253, in setup_connection

    c = self._get_jabber_client(js)

  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 320, in _get_jabber_client

    c.connect()

  File "/usr/share/rhn/osad/jabber_lib.py", line 604, in connect

    raise SSLDisabledError

SSLDisabledError

Is there an issue with the certificate?  I am using a CA signed cert.  I followed the same procedures that I used with I switched from the self-signed cert on the primary SW server.  Everything seemed to work just fine when I enabled the cert.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Daryl