[Spacewalk-list] Yum cache size

Loïc Chanel loic.chanel at telecomnancy.net
Thu May 12 08:36:16 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I have a technical question I've been asked and I couldn't answer, so I
forward it here.

Let's say I have two servers with the same configuration, which are set to
use only frozen channels. If I make a `yum clean all` on one of them today,
and then launch a command to re-generate the cache, would the cache be the
exact same size than on the other server on which I dit this yesterday ?

My question comes from the fact that I have two servers with the same
configuration, both on a frozen channel. One have been patched two weeks
before the other and for some reason that I can't figure the cache is 3
times bigger on one server than on the other.

Do you see some kind of explanation ?
Thanks in advance,

Loïc

Loïc CHANEL
System & virtualization engineer
TO - XaaS Ind - Worldline (Villeurbanne, France)