[Spacewalk-list] OSAD not picking up updates

Robert Paschedag robert.paschedag at web.de
Sat May 14 06:12:47 UTC 2016

I really don't understand, why many people have problems using osad.

In our production environment (500+ server), this is working. The only problem I have is "load" when you want to do something on many servers. Then, performance is going down.

But I don't know, what's the difference in mine and your setups. I register server to spacewalk, enable all remote actions and install osad. Done!

You're all using SSL with osad, right? You all have enabled remote controls? (rhn-action-control --enable-all)

My only problem I ever had was somebody cloned a VM (already registered) and did not remove the osad-auth file so both systems logged into jabber server with the same "credentials" kicking out.

Regards
Robert