[Spacewalk-list] Duplicate packages in selection and spacewalk

Andreas Dijkman Andreas.Dijkman at cygnis.nl
Wed May 18 15:22:54 UTC 2016

Hi,

We have a SW2.4-installation, successfully setup with PXE-boot, kickstart, the works.

I recently started using SaltStack as configuration management, so I’ve added the SaltStack-repository to my SpaceWalk-system (https://repo.saltstack.com/yum/rhel6/ <https://repo.saltstack.com/yum/rhel6/>). Everything works fine until I try to kickstart a system using PXE or ISO. Somehow the SpaceWalk-system is confused about duplicate packages that are the same in versions but not in hash. In my case it first breaks on the package pciutils. I think Spacewalk decides to serve the wrong package during installation so anaconda is complaining it can’t find the correct package. SaltStack isn’t playing nice because in their repo they are supplying the same packages as used in CentOS. But the packages from Oracle Linux and CentOS are different from each other.

After I removed the SaltStack-channels and packages from SpaceWalk, the Kickstart worked fine again…

Is there a way to prioritise packages during kickstart with spacewalk or give a spacewalk-channel priority above other channels? I really want to keep the SaltStack-channel in our SpaceWalk-server, but if it breaks updates, I have to figure something else out.

Kind regards,

Andreas Dijkman