[Spacewalk-list] Errata skipped because of empty package list.

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Tue Nov 1 17:29:43 UTC 2016

Hey,

This is not actually a problem on your system.

> On 1 Nov. 2016, at 7:40 pm, Torvund, Vegard <vegard.torvund at helse-vest-ikt.no> wrote:
>
> Repo uln:///ol6_u6_x86_64_base has comps file comps.xml.
> Repo uln:///ol6_u6_x86_64_base has 1443 errata.
> 1162 errata skipped because of empty package list.

This is OK.

> Repo uln:///ol6_u6_x86_64_patch has 1774 errata.
> 1267 errata skipped because of empty package list.

This is also OK.

It’s to with how we create the updateinfo.xml on the ULN side. We generate the metadata globally across all channels, because we know that downstream the clients will just ignore errata that are not relevant. In this case, Spacewalk is seeing errata in the metadata for which the applicable RPMs do not exist in ol6_u6_x86_64_base and ol6_u6_x86_patch. Therefore, only the actual errata that apply will be added to the database.

So while this looks weird, it’s actually working as designed.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496