[Spacewalk-list] How to improve WUI performance

Coffman, Anthony J Tony.Coffman at snapon.com
Thu Oct 13 17:08:50 UTC 2016

Spacewalk 2.5 (with 3 remote proxies)
CentOS 6.8 VM (running stock Postgres 8.4)
4 vCPUs
12GB memory

550 clients (CentOS/OracleLinux/EL5/6/7 with a sprinkling of Ubuntu and SuSE thrown in)

The System page in the WebUI loads in about 4-6 seconds (faster when the cache is warm).

I've done essentially no tuning except for changing the proxy timeout (due to issue with the large updateinfo size for Oracle Linux).

Looking at our memory utilization we could probably get away with 6-8GB of memory for our workload.

Hope this data point is useful.

Regards,
--Tony