[Spacewalk-list] Schedule Reboot (Bug?)

Jeff Baldwin JeffB at knowclassic.com
Fri Sep 30 14:10:35 UTC 2016

All,

I’ve ran into what appears to be an old bug.   The issue is that when systems are in ‘Require Reboot’ status, and I reboot them via Spacewalk, the status doesn’t update, even after OSAD has completed the reboot process.    I have to run rhn_check to force the status to update.   I found that this was discussed in an email back in 2014, but no resolution was mentioned in the thread:  https://www.redhat.com/archives/spacewalk-list/2014-October/msg00067.html

The scenario the user described below, still applies perfectly to my 2.5 install (his was 2.2).

Are we missing something?

Steps I've taken already:

1. Set verbosity to level 5 on osad.conf for the client. Everything looks fine in the logs until after the reboot, when the server starts and the OSAD service starts, it's not checking in with Spacewalk even though OSA status says online.

2. Stop OSAD, remove /etc/sysconfig/rhn/osad-auth.conf, start OSAD. Same results. Reboot action is picked up immediately, and the system reboots successfully, but the action is never marked Completed.

3. Stopped jabberd on the Spacewalk proxy the client is connected to, cleared jabberd database, and restarted jabberd. I've done the same on the Spacewalk server, and tried them in different orders as well.

4. Manually running a shutdown -r now on the client. THIS WORKS. When the system comes back up, any queued actions are picked up and executed successfully. This is one of the main reasons it leads me to believe there is an issue with the Schedule reboot API in Spacewalk v2.2 (BTW, I've tried the API via Python script, as well as through the WebUI, same results where the action is never marked Completed).

5. Verified the client is running the latest versions of osad, rhnsd, rhn-client-tools, rhn-setup, and rhn-check from the 2.2 repo

6. Registered the client to a Spacewalk 2.0 environment. Everything works as it should there. No issues.

 Jeff Baldwin

[cid:logo_cg_s.png]

 8335 Classic Drive
 Charlotte, NC 28262