[Spacewalk-list] registering servers with spacewalk

Elizabeth Jones oogiejonz at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 6 14:52:35 UTC 2017

thanks, this works perfectly.

      From: William H. ten Bensel <WHTENBEN at up.com>
 To: spacewalk-list at redhat.com
 Sent: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 9:52 AM
 Subject: Re: [Spacewalk-list] registering servers with spacewalk

Instead of re-registering each server remotely. Could you just switch their base channels or add/remove child channelsfrom the spacewalk itself?

BASE:
spacecmd -q -s  myspacewalk.domain.com softwarechannel_listbasechannels
spacecmd -q -s myspacewalk.domain.com system_listbasechannel $myserver
spacecmd -q -s myspacewalk.domain.com system_setbasechannel $myserver $mynewbase  (add -y to not prompt you)

If you want to do this in BULK... ALL servers in a channel
spacecmd -q -s myspacewalk.domain.com system_setbasechannel channel:$myoldbase$mynewbase (add -y to not prompt you)CHILD:
softwarechannel_listchildchannels
system_listchildchannels
system_addchildchannels
system_removechildchannelsIf you want to do this in BULK... ALLservers in a channel
spacecmd -q -s myspacewalk.domain.com system_addchildchannels channel:$myoldchannel$mynewchannel (add -y to not prompt you)
spacecmd -q -s myspacewalk.domain.com system_removechildchannels channel:$mynewchannel$myoldchannel (add -y to not prompt you)

Thanks and good luck