[Spacewalk-list] weird 2.6 dependancies

Franky Van Liedekerke liedekef at telenet.be
Thu Apr 13 14:31:53 UTC 2017

    Hi all,

I updated a month ago from 2.2 on an EL5 to 2.4 on a EL7: no real
problems.
However, when I wanted to upgrade from 2.4 to 2.6, all of the sudden
there was a dependency for java 1.7 (while 1.8 was installed and is
being used).
Apparently spacewalk-taskomatic-2.6.49-1.el7.noarch and
spacewalk-java-2.6.49-1.el7.noarch are both dependent on
java-1.7.0-openjdk-devel (was never the case before).
Also trying to use cobbler from epel has proven to be impossible, some
packages now explicitly require cobbler20 (like
spacewalk-backend-tools, amongst others).

Any solution for this in a newer version?

With friendly regards,

Franky