[Spacewalk-list] configure ubuntu repo in Spacewalk

Paul-Andre Panon paul-andre.panon at avigilon.com
Mon Apr 17 17:33:16 UTC 2017

On Mon, 17 Apr 2017 13:08:20 +0000, "Devaguddi, Vyas" <Vyas.Devaguddi at inova.org> wrote:
>Subject: [Spacewalk-list] configure ubuntu repo in Spacewalk
>
>Hello
>
>I have setup tried to setup Ubuntu repository on the spacewalk server version 2.5 which is running on Rhel 7.3
>How to configure the Ubuntu repo in the spacewalk server I have tried this process.
>Please let me know what wrong I am doing in the process.
>
>./debianSync.py --url=http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/ --channel=ubuntu-x86_64 --username=admin --password=Spacewalk1234 INFO: Repo URL:  http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/xenial/main/binary-amd64/
>
>Vyas devaguddi
>UNIX Systems

There could be a few issues.
1. Check that your channels have the right settings for checksum type (SHA256) and Architecture (AMD64 Debian). If they don't then you will need to delete and recreate them.
2. Don't use debianSync, use the standard spacewalk command which now support Ubuntu and Debian directly. Check the list archive from April 12 for my post on what works for us.

Cheers,

Paul-Andre Panon
Senior systems administrator