[Spacewalk-list] telling Spacewalk a server doesn't need specific packages

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Fri Apr 28 14:04:07 UTC 2017

Elizabeth Jones:
> We have some servers that have packages that can't be updated due to app issues.  Spacewalk has these servers flagged as red although they are patched - we have the excluded RPMs listed in /etc/yum.conf on the servers, so the servers themselves know they don't need those packages.  Is there any way to tell spacewalk itself that those packages should be excluded for those servers, so I can see via spacewalk that patching is up to date on those servers?

Hi,

Spacewalk don't know about excludes in /etc/yum.conf that's why it show
servers need patching. Unfortunately there's no way to exclude packages for
a spacific server on spacewalk webui.

You can solve it by creating a different channel without excluded packages.
E.g.:
Create new repository with the same url as you currently use for
downloading packages but set filters on it (exclude packages you want).
Then create new channel with exactly same settings as current one but
using new (filtered) repository.
And subscribe servers to this new channel.

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat