[Spacewalk-list] Where are Spacewalk logs when applying patches?

Avi Miller avi.miller at oracle.com
Sun Apr 30 21:33:35 UTC 2017

Hi,

> On 1 May 2017, at 7:10 am, Bill <howe.bill at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> osad -> Constant issues with that daemon...found myself writing auto-healing health checks for it and constantly baby sitting it.
You might want to consider switching the jabberd database from the default Berkeley DB to either SQLite or PostgreSQL:

https://omg.dje.li/2017/02/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-an-sqlite-backend/ <https://omg.dje.li/2017/02/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-an-sqlite-backend/>
https://omg.dje.li/2017/03/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-a-postgresql-backend/ <https://omg.dje.li/2017/03/configuring-spacewalks-jabberd-to-use-a-postgresql-backend/>

Since doing this I’ve had zero problems with osad on both small and very large implementations. All the issues with osad seem to be caused by the default DB driver.

FYI, you’ll need to reapply this configuration after upgrading Spacewalk (e.g. from 2.5 to 2.6) as the spacewalk-setup tool resets the configuration back to the default during an upgrade.

Cheers,
Avi

--
Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Avi Miller | Product Management Director | +61 (3) 8616 3496