[Spacewalk-list] actions chains order problems

Legreg Accounts legreg.accounts at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 15:02:59 UTC 2017

Hi to all,

We are facing an issue with action chains and reboot.
More specifically, in some rare cases, we have servers which are playing
the postboot actions before the reboot has been really done.

We are really wondering where does this issue come from, but it looks like
in these case, the reboot command is ran in background (or returns an
error) because the logs are showing us, for the reboot, the following logs:

############

*Redémarrage du système programmé par ORG-FR-CCSP_PMSP_PMT2-LFP-apitrp*

Cette action sera exécutée après 23/07/17 10:00:00 CEST
Le statut de cette action est : Terminé.
Le client a détecté cette action sur 23/07/17 10:07
Le client a terminé cette action sur 23/07/17 10:07
L'exécution du client a retourné « null » (code null)

The shutdown command is: "shutdown -r +3"

But the logs are saying that the begining and the end of the action is 10:07
.

When everything works fine, sure, the end time is at less 3 minutes after
the start time

I don't have any idea of the problem here, neither how to check it.

Any help would be appreciated :)
Thanks and regards