[Spacewalk-list] Webui to use http not https?

Radovan Drazny rdrazny at redhat.com
Fri Aug 25 12:37:08 UTC 2017

On Friday, August 25, 2017 1:47:13 PM CEST Emgee King (WLT GB) wrote:
> The setup generates the ssl certificate for use, but is insecure: " Your
> connection is not secure"
> Since we are using an internal domain
> "spacewalk-live.internal", access to this server is only accessible via VPN
> anyway. So I don't see the need for an insecure ssl cert.

Famous last words :-)

It would be better to:

1) add an exception to your web browser, so it's not going to bother you with
"insecure" messages anymore. You will still have an "insecure" icon in the web
browser's address bar, though.

2) If you did a standard SW install, check the ~/ssl-build directory on your
SW server. You should find certs and keys there. Find the "RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-
SSL-CERT" file, and import it into your web browser. Your connection to the SW
server is secure now (green padlock and all). The certificate at "https://<sw-server-fqdn>/pub/RHN-ORG-TRUSTED-SSL-CERT" is the same one.

3)  Setup a proper certificate for your SW server. Example for Let's Encrypt
can be found here: https://omg.dje.li/2017/04/using-lets-encrypt-ssl-certificates-with-spacewalk/ If you want to use your own CA, modify the
process accordingly.

Any of these three solutions is much much better (and easier - maybe except
the last one), than circumventing your SW server security.

--
Radovan