[Spacewalk-list] Antwort: advice about organizing channels and repositories

Matthias Gruber MGruber at metzler.com
Mon Dec 4 07:08:57 UTC 2017

Hi!

I have a little bit "complex" layout.
Based on the problem that I have to keep all my Servers on same Patchlevel
throughout the month.

As example for the CentOS 6-part

Base-Channel CentOS6
--- childchannel CentOS 6.9
--- childchannel CentOS 6.9 Updates

Clone Of Base-Channel CentOS6
--- clone of childchannel CentOS 6
--- clone of childchannel CentOS 6 Updates - Months 01-04-07-10
--- clone of childchannel CentOS 6 Updates - Months 02-05-08-11
--- clone of childchannel CentOS 6 Updates - Months 03-06-09-12

There is no Server connected to Base-Channel and below, this is wehre I do
my Reposync on daily base in it

All my Servers are subscribed to the Clone of Base-Channel, CentOS 6 the
"clone of Childchannel CentOS6" and the papropiate Updates-Channel
I do a clone by date + Channelsync every start of the Month and switch my
Servers from e.g subchannel 02-05-08-11 to 03-06-09-12 and so on....

With this one I have the benefit to keep the Servers on the same Level for
the full month, end even could keep them at least 3 Months "old" :-)

cheers
Matthias

METZLER
Informationstechnologie