[Spacewalk-list] Trick to having both Centos6 and Centos7 Errata in Spacewalk?

Steve Meier email at steve-meier.de
Tue Dec 5 20:41:43 UTC 2017

Hi Brett,

as the author of errata-import.pl I can assure you that it does import
Errata
for both CentOS-6 and CentOS-7 at the same time given to prerequisites:

- Channels are included when running with (--include-channels)
- At least one package for the errata is present in the included
channels

errata-import.pl actually does not care wether an errata covers one or
multiple
CentOS releases (there have been Errata for 5, 6 and 7 before 5 went
EoL). It
will just attach the relevant packages it can find to the errata.

Note that there are also Errata which only apply to a specific version
(e.g. 7)
and therefore do not show up in other versions.

If you would like me to take a closer look please run errata-import.pl
with the
--debug option and make the log available to me (e.g. via pastebin).

Kind regards,
   Steve