[Spacewalk-list] Issues with taskomatic due to ehcache config missing

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 10:44:01 UTC 2017

Wilkinson, Matthew:
> Hello,
>
> I just noticed that my channel's repodata is not updating. I checked all the logs, and this is what seems to be related in the taskomatic log:
>
> # grep ehcache /var/log/rhn/rhn_taskomatic_daemon.log
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2017/11/30 10:16:49 | 2017-11-30 10:16:49,216 [Thread-42] WARN  net.sf.ehcache.config.ConfigurationFactory - No configuration found. Configuring ehcache from ehcache-failsafe.xml  found in the classpath: jar:file:/usr/share/java/ehcache-core.jar!/ehcache-failsafe.xml

Hello Matthew,

This error is actually harmless. It means Spacewalk does not have a
specific configuration for ehcache but uses "implicit" one found in
ehcache-failsafe.xml inside of ehcache-core.jar.

> This started occurring when I upgraded from Spacewalk 2.6 to Spacewalk 2.7. Anyone seen this or know how I can fix it?

It's just an coincidence IMHO. I guess you have RHEL 6 or 7 server where
previous version of Spacewalk used older hibernate with oscache and
switched to newer hibernate + ehcache in 2.7.

Is there anything else suspicious in taskomatic log wrt  repodata update job?
I know it sound silly but does it persist after taskomatic restart?

Regards,

--
Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat