[Spacewalk-list] Chaining Spacewalk proxies

Michael Mraka michael.mraka at redhat.com
Tue Dec 19 11:12:43 UTC 2017

Maupertuis Philippe:
> Hi,
> I need to build an infrastructure where servers would get update from spacewalk using two proxies.
> The servers should connect to a local spacewalk proxy which in turn connects to the second spacewalk proxy which finally reach the spacewalk server.
>
> An additional requirement is that no tcp connection originating from the second proxy toward the first one would be allowed.
> Is that achievable ?
> If yes could you point me in the right direction.

Hi Philippe,

Chaining of Spacewalk Proxies is possible and allowed. Communication
always starts on client side, resp. from first (local) proxy to the
second one.

There should be no special configuration neede in proxy setup.
Just install Spacewalk server then "second" proxy (one closer to server)
then "first" proxy (and use "second" proxy as a server for this one).

> Thanks in advance
> Philippe

Michael Mráka
System Management Engineering, Red Hat